Hydro is a global supplier of aluminium with activities throughout the value chain.
Hydro is a fully integrated aluminium company with 35,000 employees in 40 countries on all continents, combining local expertise, worldwide reach and unmatched capabilities in R&D. In addition to production of primary aluminium, rolled and extruded products and recycling, Hydro also extracts bauxite, refines alumina and generates energy to be the only 360° company of the global aluminium industry. Hydro is present within all market segments for aluminium, with sales and trading activities throughout the value chain serving more than 30,000 customers. Based in Norway and rooted in more than a century of experience in renewable energy, technology and innovation, Hydro is committed to strengthening the viability of its customers and communities, shaping a sustainable future through innovative aluminium solutions.
- Legal name: Norsk Hydro ASA
- Founded: 1905
- Business areas: Bauxite & Alumina, Primary Metal, Rolled Products, Extruded Solutions, Energy
- Number of employees: 35,000
- Company presence in around 40 countries worldwide
- President and CEO: Svein Richard Brandtzæg
Key figures, 2016
- Revenue: NOK 87,694 million
- Underlying EBIT: NOK 6,425 million
- Net income from continuing operations: NOK 6,586 million
For further financial information, see Hydro's annual reporting